Thames Valley Learning Partnership (TVLP)
The Thames Valley Learning Partnership (TVLP) is an equal partnership of state and independent secondary-aged schools in Berkshire.
The TVLP's aims include:
- Providing collaborative and informative experiences for secondary-aged students across a range of subjects, thereby providing a variety of learning opportunities and diversity in social and cultural engagement.
- Ensuring that staff across our schools are able to share their passion for their specialist subjects and good practice with one another, and exchange views about current educational issues.
Windsor Girls’ School is one of 11 schools in the TVLP. The other schools in the partnership include (listed in alphabetical order) Beechwood School, Eton College, Herschel Grammar School, Holyport College, Lynch Hill Enterprise Academy, Slough & Eton Church of England Business & Enterprise College, St Joseph's Catholic High School, St Mary's School Ascot, The Langley Academy, and The Windsor Boys' School.
Clare Matheson is the Thames Valley Learning Partnership Coordinator.
She was appointed in September 2019 to create and deliver a programme of events, competitions, networks and actions which will benefit students and staff across all TVLP schools.
Prior to her appointment, Clare had a successful career in project management in the third sector. She has relevant experience across a range of skills including events, communication, marketing and fundraising.
To contact Clare email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each school has nominated a senior member of staff within their school to be their TVLP Champion. They are all staff that have been chosen because of their enthusiasm for the TVLP and their ability to get things done.
The Champions’ meet with the TVLP Coordinator regularly throughout the school year and help promote the events, competitions, and networks to students and staff within their schools.
THE TVLP CHAMPION FOR WINDSOR GIRLS’ SCHOOL IS ELIZABETH JENKINS.
The TVLP run a series of events each year, from high profile speakers and different subject specific events, to an annual Student Leadership Conference.
In the academic year 2022-2023, these included:
- TVLP Dragons’ Den (part of the Student Leadership Conference.)
- TVLP Make a Change environmental event.
- TVLP Festival of Music concert.
- TVLP Crime Scene Investigation workshops (hosted by Windsor Girls’ School.)
- TVLP Model United Nations event.
- TVLP Philosothon.
- TVLP French and Spanish languages event.
- TVLP Orwell writing workshop.
To view a list of upcoming events, see the website: tvlp.org.uk/upcoming-events
There are various competitions throughout the year.
From 2020-2023, these included:
- TVLP Love Art competition – Shortlisted photographs were displayed in the Children’s Ward at Wexham Park Hospital. Amryce Choda, a student at Windsor Girls’ School, won the photography category.
- TVLP French Spelling Bee. Carina Roughton, a student at Windsor Girls’ School, made it to the final round in November 2022.
- TVLP Queen’s Platinum Jubilee design competition. Two raised beds were constructed at The Goswell’s public park in the centre of Windsor.
- TVLP 5-a-side football competition.
- TVLP debating competition.
- TVLP book giveaway competitions.
To view a list of previous and current TVLP competitions, see the website: tvlp.org.uk/competitions
The TVLP produce a newsletter every 4-6 weeks, during term-time. A selection of these can be found on their website: tvlp.org.uk/newsletters
TVLP CONTACT DETAILS
LinkedIn: Thames Valley Learning Partnership